Preparation course PMI-PBA (PMI PROFESSIONAL IN BUSINESS ANALYSIS)
Registration for this event is through the PMI Montreal website
See registration link below
PMI’s first-ever certification for the rapidly-expanding field of business analysis saw a stellar first year. If you haven’t already, explore this exciting credential and consider joining your peers—and gaining the unique advantages that PMI offers.
The PMI-PBA® certification is ideal for professionals whose role involves business or process analysis, or the management of teams involved in product development.
To be eligible for the exam, you must meet one of the two following requirements:
1. High school diploma (DES or global equivalent), at least 7,500 hours of experience in business analysis, and 2,000 hours of experience within a project team, gained in the last 8 years in both cases.
2. Four-year degree (bachelor’s or global equivalent), at least 4,500 hours of experience in business analysis, and 2,000 hours of experience within a project team, gained in the last 8 years in both cases.
It is also mandatory to have 35 hours of formal specialized training in business analysis.
Experience in project management can be included in the 7,500 or 4,500 hours of experience in business analysis. Active PMP® or PgMP® members meet this requirement.
INFORMATION SUR LA FORMATION
ATTENTION: This course is also offered online, broadcast. Make sure to select the good course format.
Format: Online or In-person
Instructor: Louis-Charles Gauthier, PMP, CBAP, PMI-PBA
Deadline for registrations: November 14, 2022, at noon. After this date, you must contact us by phone to register.
Course dates: November 17-18-19,2022
Live Stream Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
In-person: PMI-Montréal, 630 Sherbrooke West, training room 1030
Online: Web login with instructions will be provided via email approximately 1 day prior to the start of your course. This course is broadcast on the Zoom platform. You will have access to session recordings for 2 months.
PMI OVOC Members
$1240 CAD + HST
$1390 CAD + HST
How to Register:
- Promo Code:
- PMI OVOC Members: PMIOVOC22
- Non-Members: PMIOVOC22
- Visit the PMI Montreal event to register. You MUST use the above codes when registering.
- When you reach the Login page, if you are not a PMI Montreal member, click on the "Sign-Up" tab to continue your registration.
- Participants will be provided with a training manual included in the price of the course and will be sent by email or by mail.
- All training material is provided in only available in English.
Membership PMI & PMI-Montreal
- Membership to PMI and PMI-Montreal, $129 USD and $30 USD respectively, is not included. You must become a member of both PMI & PMI-Montreal before registering to the preparation course in order to have the rebate apply. Simply go to www.pmi.org and go under ''membership'' and then ''become a member''. Make sure you also select PMI-Montreal before finalizing your transaction.
The PMI Guide to Business Analysis
- The PMI Guide to Business Analysis book is not included in the price for the course but this document is essential for the preparation course and the exam. You do not need to bring it to the course. The downloaded version is free for the member and can be accessed here: https://www.pmi.org/pmbok-guide-standards/foundational/business-analysis
PMI-PBA exam fees
- For those who are taking the PMI-PBA exam, please take note the exam cost is not included in the price of the preparation course. This is an individual process and all applicants must go through the PMI application process. Once accepted you must pay the fees: $405 USD for members, $555 USD for non-members in order to have access to the exam schedule. You will have a full year and 3 attempts to succeed. If you need a second or a third attempt you must pay extra fees : $275 USD for members, $375 USD for non-members.
Distance learning courses in Quebec: no refunds or cancellations within 10 working days before the first session to allow for shipping of materials.
Distance learning courses outside Quebec: no refunds or cancellations within 15 working days before the first session to allow for shipping of materials.
- Refundable in full five working days or more prior to the first session. Requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No refunds four business days or less before the first session.
- Substitution of a participant is not permitted except for group registrations.
- PMI-Montréal reserves the right to cancel any training should enrolment be insufficient. In this case, the entire registration fee will be refunded.
Photography & Filming Disclaimer
There will be times that photographs, audio, and video are captured during PMI OVOC events. By registering for these events, attendees hereby grant PMI OVOC and its representatives permission to photograph and/or record them, and distribute (both now and in the future) the attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes.
You may request to cancel your registration for a refund minus a $20 administration fee, up to 8 business days before the date and time of the event. Cancellation requests made within 7 business days of the event date/time may not receive a refund nor a transfer. When you register for a PMI OVOC event, you agree to these terms. Please contact the Registrar for all cancellations and refunds, or if the registration has been closed.
Send an email to the PMI OVOC Registrar at email@example.com.