The Ottawa Valley Outaouais chapter has a specific focus aligned with PMI Global in terms of both scope and geography. The primary driver in all PMI OVOC activities will continue to be to serve our members. OVOC continues to advance the practice, science, and profession of project management throughout the chapter in a conscious and proactive manner. Our link with PMI Global ensures that we support the initiatives envisioned by PMI from a worldwide perspective and we will embrace, value, and utilize project management and attribute our member success to PMI principles. Our strategic goals are:
- Increase the value to our members of OVOC products, services, and programs
- Increase the profile and visibility of project management and PMI OVOC in this region and within Canada
- Foster strategic partnerships and alliances to assist in our goals
- Increase engagement of our membership by meeting their professional needs
- Continually develop Board strategic and operational practices
The vision is based on current and anticipated needs of stakeholders and trends and issues in the environment, and is reflective of a desired position by PMI OVOC. It is our vision that PMI OVOC will be recognized as a valuable and essential partner for project management practitioners in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec.
The mission defines the purpose of an organization, recognizes stakeholders, indicates needs and the products and services offered, and implies the image the organization seeks to project. A mission statement has been established to provide direction and support for PMI OVOC’s vision.